New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
richl123
New

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by richl123 »

Griff74 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:18 pm As they all say plus VAT are they not business lease deals? When I've looked at leasing the personal lease ones always include VAT in the price.
That company will do both, if you are a private buyer, just add VAT for a personal price!
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:57 am ^ I went for Michelin Pilotsport 4 in 225/40 R18.

They're not noticeably wider overall (the sidewall has less of a taper to the tread face), they have a good lip on them for rim protection, and no issues with clearance.

The 225s are a lot cheaper than 215s too - about £100 fully fitted each, vs £140 each for the 215s.

Grip is a lot better once rolling, they're conifer and quieter, just surprised they don't retard tramping from a standstill. The Bridgestones spin up when pulling away in 1st with 30% throttle, with the PS4s it's 50%.

PS4s don't tramp in the lower end of 2nd gear with a lot of throttle like the Bridgestones do though.
I thought as much - many thanks! :D
JimBob23
New
Drives: Hyundai i30N Performance

Post by JimBob23 »

Well I didn't think this day was going to come but today I cancelled my order for the GTi+!!! Yes mine is currently on a boat (Glovis Stella) that is due into German in the early hours of March 6th so I'm pretty much there but I've gone for something else.

Was at Hyundai yesterday as the other half was looking and eventually struck a deal for a Tucson so i was having a looking around the i30 N Performance very nice bit of kit. Got talking to the salesman about it so the GTi saga obviously came up. At first i don't actually think he believed that i'd been waiting since May! I then didn't believe him when he said i could have a brand new i30 N within 10 days or the full kitted out one in the showroom within a few days! So we sat down crunched some numbers and I'm paying £20 a month more (PCP) than i was going to be paying for the GTi and I'm getting a hell of a lot more car. The deal was done and I'm collecting a Clean Slate i30 N performance with the winter pack and just 49 miles on the clock up on Thursday.

I just want to say good luck to everyone on here who already has their GTi and a big good luck to the ones still waiting. I've not posted much on here at all but i have read a lot over the past 8 months or so and learnt a lot too. Your a great bunch and I'll probably keep dropping in every now and then to see what I'm missing as I still think the GTi is a cracking car, its just a shame VW couldn't get their act together quick enough.

I'm guessing the car I ordered will still be going to my dealership so anyone wanting to beat the wait or hasn't ordered yet my dealer was JCT600 Wakefield and the salesman i dealt with was Josh. I have no complaints about the dealership and Josh was brilliant, when he had an update he told me straight away and when he didn't know something he didn't string me along he just straight up told me "I don't know mate, leave it with me I'll try do some digging" Was actually a little gutted when I broke the news to him earlier but he was a true gent about it.

For anyone interested I ordered a Reef Blue GTi+, grey dash inserts and the Brescia alloys. Whoever gets it please enjoy it!
moley
New
Drives: 1.0 SEL 115 DSG

Post by moley »

Damn, it really would be tempting to pick up on your gti order. I would have gone for one, but couldn't quite stretch to the extra cost of purchase and running one... Maybe for my next car if I'm earning more in a few years. :)
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

That's a shame after waiting for so long and being so close to getting your car. The i30 N is a proper piece of kit though, looks great, drives even better and sounds good as well (one parks in the same car park as me at work), shame it only comes in manual or I would have considered one.

Also shame you didn't order your GTi + with climate or I would have been giving your dealer a call!!
JimBob23
New
Drives: Hyundai i30N Performance

Post by JimBob23 »

Griff74 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:29 am That's a shame after waiting for so long and being so close to getting your car. The i30 N is a proper piece of kit though, looks great, drives even better and sounds good as well (one parks in the same car park as me at work), shame it only comes in manual or I would have considered one.

Also shame you didn't order your GTi + with climate or I would have been giving your dealer a call!!
I know...... I've got so close but the sound of that i30 N was enough alone!

Funny you should mention the climate control because I wanted that and just totally forgot to spec it...... realised a few months later and was too scared to change my order.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Oh that just makes it even worse!! lol
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Just had to tax my current car. Opted for the Monthly Direct Debit payments in hope that the GTI+ will arrive by April/May.

2 or 3 payments of £12 instead of £147 for a year!
RyanH
New

Post by RyanH »

That order is so close to mine. I’ve gone for a GTI+ in Reef blue with deep iron dash pads, brescias and climate control. I have to say I was tempted to ditch the climate in order to pick yours up but I’ve decided against it. I ordered mine mid November and have been given an unconfirmed build week of BW19. Looking at a potential June/July delivery if it doesn’t get you pushed back further.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

RyanH wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:42 pm That order is so close to mine. I’ve gone for a GTI+ in Reef blue with deep iron dash pads, brescias and climate control. I have to say I was tempted to ditch the climate in order to pick yours up but I’ve decided against it. I ordered mine mid November and have been given an unconfirmed build week of BW19. Looking at a potential June/July delivery if it doesn’t get you pushed back further.
Yeah not having climate is not an option for me, has been about 15 years since I had a car without and I ain't going back to fiddling with controls now to keep a car at the correct temp!
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Now that I have my build week & can guesstimate the date which it will be delivered I’m exploring the options for having the car fitted with additional security devices and having the car professionally detailed by someone whom I know will do a better job than the dealer.
If any of you know anything about car detailing will know it’s a 2-3 day job to prep and detail a brand new car properly. So I’m arranging for a guy called Jim White to do the job in May, if you curious to know who Jim is, he has a YouTube channel called “whitedetails” and the majority of his work is on prestige cars. But I think despite the cash price of the Gti being moderate, the cost of the post dealer extras (security, detailing and private registration number) that I’m planning for the Gti arn’t cheap, I think they’re going to be worth it.
Btw The tax on my current 6R polo is only £30 for the year, so the cost of taxing the Gti will come as a shock.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

S_94
I did the same with my tax. My car due to build March 11 so opted for monthly tax until it arrives.
I have rang that Wakefield dealership to see if I can grab that Reef Blue of JimBob23
Josh off today so hoping he will call me tomoz?
RyanH
New

Post by RyanH »

gonk1959 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 pm S_94
I did the same with my tax. My car due to build March 11 so opted for monthly tax until it arrives.
I have rang that Wakefield dealership to see if I can grab that Reef Blue of JimBob23
Josh off today so hoping he will call me tomoz?
Out of interest, what is the spec on the car you have on order at the minute? I'm wondering if you do manage to get JimBob23's whether yours would be right for me.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Have woken up today to a vehicle tracker update. It's coughed and spluttered back into action. 'Order confirmed for production.'

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

John501
New
Drives: Golf 1:4 tsi Polo gti + sometime

Post by John501 »

Received a message this morning stating car has arrived in the UK. For info the car was ordered in May 2018.
The Build week was 21/1 with a notification of in transit on 24/1.
So I hope this gives an idea of timescales, around 35 days from in transit to UK.
Not long now I hope!