New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Happy days another excited customer :D
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

fletch555 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:40 am
PoloGIT+ wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 pm 66 weeks to the day after placing my order I finally took delivery today - it’s an absolute corker of a car - keep the faith everyone, it’s very much worth the wait :D
I love my white GTI but that looks absolutely smashing! Seriously making me wonder if I made the wrong colour choice. Stunning
Thank you! :D It’s already filthy due to the fine British weather but the colour does look ace - I have to say the white also looks fantastic but my brother wants a white GTI so I didn’t want to steal his thunder :lol:
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I collected my car this morning and I’m like a kid in a sweet shop, despite it being the first chance to get behind the wheel and drive it, (& like many I didn’t take one for a test drive before ordering), I think I can say it’s a keeper, it’s a pity the weather isn’t playing ball so I can take it for a decent drive.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

Totally in love :D tracker still says in transit 5b though :roll:
Attachments
DD1C09E5-328C-4844-9783-A8987C6707CF.jpeg
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Very nice clean it carefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

I’ve just been chatting with a lady I know, she tells me her husband is a salesman at Crewe VW, and they apparently have a black Gti plus in stock without a buyer
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nora wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 pm I’ve just been chatting with a lady I know, she tells me her husband is a salesman at Crewe VW, and they apparently have a black Gti plus in stock without a buyer
Someone else sick of waiting and cancelled their order most likely. A good way to jump the queue if they give it a broker's discount.
Bramcoteboy27
New
Drives: Waiting for gti+

Post by Bramcoteboy27 »

Pick mine up Monday 😀 lm told 5 gti’s For sale at Grimsby
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:51 pm
Nora wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 pm I’ve just been chatting with a lady I know, she tells me her husband is a salesman at Crewe VW, and they apparently have a black Gti plus in stock without a buyer
Someone else sick of waiting and cancelled their order most likely. A good way to jump the queue if they give it a broker's discount.
If what she tells me is correct they’ve had a few in stock for the past couple of months. It might be a way for those waiting patiently to get up close to a car
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

Did any receive a free vw data plug when they took delivery of the car? I argued that when I ordered the car they where offered free at that time, however it seems that they are now charging for them. The salesman conceded that I was correct and reluctantly gave me one for free. He also gave me a data cable for my mobile phone to connect to the CarPlay.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

gnome wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 am Just received the stage 6 text to say car is in the UK, bit late, it’s been here for a week! 🙄
Same here lol. notified 5 days ago from dealer that car was in UK. Only yesterday did tracker update. Totally pointless
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

gonk1959 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:52 am
gnome wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 am Just received the stage 6 text to say car is in the UK, bit late, it’s been here for a week! 🙄
Same here lol. notified 5 days ago from dealer that car was in UK. Only yesterday did tracker update. Totally pointless
Yep, I’m hoping it was triggered by it being loaded onto a car transporter and means it was delivered to dealer. Waiting for the phone to ring any day now to tell me when I can pick it up. Dealer was waiting for 6 GTI’s to arrive from the port 🙄 My luck, i’ll be the last to collect.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Can You guys who have received your GTI+ confirm? I notice the standard equipment spec indicates "hill hold control" Not seen it before, is it new to standard equipment? Is it like electronic hand brake? wandering if mine will have the extra bells and whistles a 14 months on? build week was 11
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

gonk1959 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:37 am

Can You guys who have received your GTI+ confirm? I notice the standard equipment spec indicates "hill hold control" Not seen it before, is it new to standard equipment? Is it like electronic hand brake? wandering if mine will have the extra bells and whistles a 14 months on? build week was 11
It'll hold the car on a hill for about 2 seconds, enough time to get from brake to accelerator. It was part of the spec when I ordered in September, although I don't have my car yet.