Hello again

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: Hello again

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW have always offered a limited choice of colours for the Polo GTI.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:21 pm VW have always offered a limited choice of colours for the Polo GTI.

And the Golf GTI too - at least since the mk5. I think some other manufacturers also have a more limited colour palette for their performance models than they do for the more mainstream models.

It may be a GTI heritage thing; I seem to remember that when the mk1 Golf GTI was originally launched, the colour choice was limited to Red, White or Black (and possibly Silver?), although other colours were introduced for the GTI during the mk1 Golf’s lifecycle.

Some overseas markets have the Spectrum range of colours for the Golf performance models - a much wider range of colours, although they are very expensive. Many of the Spectrum colours cost in excess of €2,000! At that price, I’m happy to select one of the five colours available for the Polo GTI/GTI+.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:21 pm VW have always offered a limited choice of colours for the Polo GTI.

And the Golf GTI too - at least since the mk5. I think some other manufacturers also have a more limited colour palette for their performance models than they do for the more mainstream models.

It may be a GTI heritage thing; I seem to remember that when the mk1 Golf GTI was originally launched, the colour choice was limited to Red, White or Black (and possibly Silver?), although other colours were introduced for the GTI during the mk1 Golf’s lifecycle.

Some overseas markets have the Spectrum range of colours for the Golf performance models - a much wider range of colours, although they are very expensive. Many of the Spectrum colours cost in excess of €2,000! At that price, I’m happy to select one of the five colours available for the Polo GTI/GTI+.
Am I correct to assume the spectrum colours are similar to the Audi choose your own paint job that’s available in the uk? You’d have to be a lunatic to spend £2k on a paint job, although if you’re paying £100k for the car it’s a drop in the ocean. Now I just have to choose between white, red, grey or blue for my own car as I can’t have white silver.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:46 am
SRGTD wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Am I correct to assume the spectrum colours are similar to the Audi choose your own paint job that’s available in the uk? You’d have to be a lunatic to spend £2k on a paint job, although if you’re paying £100k for the car it’s a drop in the ocean. Now I just have to choose between white, red, grey or blue for my own car as I can’t have white silver.
I think so. The Spectrum colour range comprises 40 additional colours and in the USA is a $2,500 option (around £1,900). It’s restricted to the Golf R model only in the US market - don’t know if that’s the case in other markets too. Here’s the range of Spectrum colours;

SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

GTI Polo Fin wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:08 pm It just looks so good 😃
I’m getting mine in 2 weeks. Also in white... I don’t understand VW, why they are offering such an poor choice of colors for GTI. Orange with black roof would look amazing.
Agree that VW’s colour palette isn’t the most inspiring for the GTI. Not sure that Orange would work with the GTI’s red accents though (GTI badges, red grille / headlamp stripe, brake calipers).
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

It needs a moody grey, not that "Mushroom" metallic it has now- something with a purple tinge like Audi monsoon grey or the short lived Scirocco shade of Pewter Grey before it was superseded by Indium Grey (loved that colour on my first Scirocco), or maybe a Mantis Green as a standout shade.
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Hot Pink with a bold lime green stripe! VW would sell 'em by the bucket load! :lol:
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Trantor wrote:Hot Pink with a bold lime green stripe! VW would sell 'em by the bucket load! [emoji38]
You could be onto something! [emoji16]

(My mushroom metallic gets many compliments. 2020 the year of the mushroom. )[emoji6]

POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

Trantor wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:19 pm Hot Pink with a bold lime green stripe! VW would sell 'em by the bucket load! :lol:
Or bring back the Polo Harlequin :D
CiblueGT
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by CiblueGT »

POLO Clive wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:54 pm
Trantor wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:19 pm Hot Pink with a bold lime green stripe! VW would sell 'em by the bucket load! :lol:
Or bring back the Polo Harlequin :D
I loved the harlequin!