Front assist, sensor impaired

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Front assist, sensor impaired

Post by lancslad1985 »

Every VW I’ve had with front assist does this when I’m on the motorway in heavy rain and spray. Usually means your badge is dirty or covered. I wouldn’t worry about it.
lonares
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI

Post by lonares »

I never had an error too ! :/
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

This happened to me the other week, I was on the MI for a couple of hours in drizzle and it came up, knowing about this, didn't panic, pulled off in the next service station, cleaned the headlights and the VW front badge (road dirt had built up on the badge) drove off all was fine :wink: .
Logan_Hunter
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Logan_Hunter »

This fault occurs far too easily, I washed my car and drove later that day in light rain - BING - Front Assist fault.

So annoying. I'm thinking of applying Rainex to the badge to assist with clearing water
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

It happened to me too yesterday. The funny thing was that I had drove a couple of hours in the rain, with 30 minutes in highway with loads of water coming from trucks, and the error was 5 minutes after I parked for a quick stop at a supermarket, in very light rain... After stop and clean the badge the car started with the error but it cleared itself after some seconds.