Front Assist - 'Risk of Collision'

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Front Assist - 'Risk of Collision'

Post by monkeyhanger »

My mate has it for his Tiguan and has used it a handful of times. If you are a little closer to the car you're alongside than the system would like, it aborts the parking manoeuvre. More trouble than it's worth.

If you can't easily parallel park a Polo, you should spend the money on further driving lessons.
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

Yes my car have Park assist...
20190605_152616.jpg
I don't remember exactly, but it was part of a pack and ''it was an offer'' as was the five-year warranty despite knowing that the sellers are skilled ''in the offers'' :wink: this was the fourth car that sold me...

I never used it and I will hardly use it, luckily I know how to park.
In all these years as a driver and there are already a few, I never scratched a rim so it won't be now when using this ''gadget''.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ That's all it is, a "gadget", and a novelty one at that. I don't know anyone that has it who fully trusts the car to do the job. They're there with their fingers twitching like a gunslinger waiting to hear "draw!", nervously anticipating the need to grab the steering wheel and abort the manoeuvre! :lol:
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Post by proalves »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:35 am ^ That's all it is, a "gadget", and a novelty one at that. I don't know anyone that has it who fully trusts the car to do the job. They're there with their fingers twitching like a gunslinger waiting to hear "draw!", nervously anticipating the need to grab the steering wheel and abort the manoeuvre! :lol:
Exactly... :lol:
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:15 pm Not sure I’d want Park Assist.

When parallel parking alongside a raised pavement with Park Assist activated, your car uses the car in front and behind the space you’re going to park in as reference points. So if those cars in front and behind your intended parking space have parked badly (e.g. with their wheels scraping up against the edge of the pavement), Park Assist will also park your car in a similar way with the wheels touching the edge of the pavement, with a high risk that your alloy wheels will be damaged in the process.
I just want Park Assist for the extra sensors, not to having a self parking car. I've front and rear sensors and PA is only 100€ more and got the sensors included :wink:
I know how to park but I like to have the help of the sensors for detect some stuff that I can see thru the mirrors :oops: