Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by PhilArnold »

ShockingIce wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:27 am
PhilArnold wrote:I know it's been said before but VW's tracking system is just nuts, I'd love to know how it actually works

City of Rotterdam has departed Grimsby this morning and I've only now just gotten the 5C "near the UK" text, surely this should have been status 6 "arrived in the UK"?
I’ve just received my ‘on the way’ to the UK. Unsure of which boat I am on though as none are currently on the way to sheerness. Maybe mine has for some reason gone to Grimsby? It isn’t at Grimsby is it or is it on the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I had to guess, yours will have been on the city of Rotterdam too, which departed from Grimsby in the early hours of this morning.
ShockingIce
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by ShockingIce »

PhilArnold wrote:
PhilArnold wrote:I know it's been said before but VW's tracking system is just nuts, I'd love to know how it actually works

City of Rotterdam has departed Grimsby this morning and I've only now just gotten the 5C "near the UK" text, surely this should have been status 6 "arrived in the UK"?
I’ve just received my ‘on the way’ to the UK. Unsure of which boat I am on though as none are currently on the way to sheerness. Maybe mine has for some reason gone to Grimsby? It isn’t at Grimsby is it or is it on the way?

If I had to guess, yours will have been on the city of Rotterdam too, which departed from Grimsby in the early hours of this morning.
Would make sense. I assumed it would have been as there is no boats currently making way to the UK so would be a bit silly. Only thing I was thinking is why they took it to Grimsby as it’s a 4 hour drive instead of the hour and half at sheerness! Oh well at least it’s on UK soil.

jackwhittle760
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by jackwhittle760 »

Happy to report I am also part of the 5C gang this morning :)

Hopefully not long to go now!
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

ShockingIce wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:52 am
PhilArnold wrote:

Would make sense. I assumed it would have been as there is no boats currently making way to the UK so would be a bit silly. Only thing I was thinking is why they took it to Grimsby as it’s a 4 hour drive instead of the hour and half at sheerness! Oh well at least it’s on UK soil.

Would they really separate the UK cars based on their dealership location though?
I'd just assume if the car is outside a ship that's going to the UK, they would just put as many of the cars on the ship as possible without any sort of categorising or organisation. Especially with lockdown and the backlog.
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:
PhilArnold wrote: If I had to guess, yours will have been on the city of Rotterdam too, which departed from Grimsby in the early hours of this morning.

Would they really separate the UK cars based on their dealership location though?
I'd just assume if the car is outside a ship that's going to the UK, they would just put as many of the cars on the ship as possible without any sort of categorising or organisation. Especially with lockdown and the backlog.
They use to! Since Malacca Highway is always the sheerness ship and this time it went to Grimsby it’s very likely that they have just taken mine there too since no ships going sheerness atm

MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

ShockingIce wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:14 am
MrTomOates wrote:

They use to! Since Malacca Highway is always the sheerness ship and this time it went to Grimsby it’s very likely that they have just taken mine there too since no ships going sheerness atm

Oh wow! That must be some hell of a loading process then when it comes to loading the ships. At least your car is on UK turf, hopefully with Malacca Highway due back on the 20th and City of Rotterdam back today, x2 lots of UK Polo's will be taken to the UK this week. *Fingers crossed*
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:
MrTomOates wrote: Would they really separate the UK cars based on their dealership location though?

Oh wow! That must be some hell of a loading process then when it comes to loading the ships. At least your car is on UK turf, hopefully with Malacca Highway due back on the 20th and City of Rotterdam back today, x2 lots of UK Polo's will be taken to the UK this week. *Fingers crossed*
Have you received your text / email? You was on the same ship as me before!

MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

ShockingIce wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:19 am
MrTomOates wrote:

None of the app or website tracking works for me. I reported it ages ago, and I also mentioned it yesterday on the phone to my dealership and he kind of pushed it aside but I don't receive any notification to say where my car is and it's progress. I'm very reliant on checking things myself and for the dealership to give me at least a tiny bit of detail.

I'll be over the moon if my car is on UK turf with yours because like you said, we was on the same ship but I had a call yesterday night to say it's touched down in Germany, despite I already knew it had on Sunday when it was dropped of by the Glovis Century so I don't have a clue what's going on. :roll: :lol:
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:
ShockingIce wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:19 am
MrTomOates wrote: Oh wow! That must be some hell of a loading process then when it comes to loading the ships. At least your car is on UK turf, hopefully with Malacca Highway due back on the 20th and City of Rotterdam back today, x2 lots of UK Polo's will be taken to the UK this week. *Fingers crossed*

None of the app or website tracking works for me. I reported it ages ago, and I also mentioned it yesterday on the phone to my dealership and he kind of pushed it aside but I don't receive any notification to say where my car is and it's progress. I'm very reliant on checking things myself and for the dealership to give me at least a tiny bit of detail.

I'll be over the moon if my car is on UK turf with yours because like you said, we was on the same ship but I had a call yesterday night to say it's touched down in Germany, despite I already knew it had on Sunday when it was dropped of by the Glovis Century so I don't have a clue what's going on. :roll: :lol:
My really nice Car sales manager who did my sale still keeps me updated. He’s not back in till Friday so I won’t know the real situation till then. Hopefully we see what happens

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MrTomOates wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:23 am None of the app or website tracking works for me. I reported it ages ago, and I also mentioned it yesterday on the phone to my dealership and he kind of pushed it aside but I don't receive any notification to say where my car is and it's progress. I'm very reliant on checking things myself and for the dealership to give me at least a tiny bit of detail.

Have you got text and email notifications tuned on in ‘notifications and preferences’ within ‘My account’ in the ‘My VW’ app? If not, then that could explain why you’re not receiving updates when others are..
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
MrTomOates wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:23 am None of the app or website tracking works for me. I reported it ages ago, and I also mentioned it yesterday on the phone to my dealership and he kind of pushed it aside but I don't receive any notification to say where my car is and it's progress. I'm very reliant on checking things myself and for the dealership to give me at least a tiny bit of detail.

Have you got text and email notifications tuned on in ‘notifications and preferences’ within ‘My account’ in the ‘My VW’ app? If not, then that could explain why you’re not receiving updates when others are..
Wow. I've literally created a new account under a new email and i've got it to work. :lol: Wouldn't have done that if you hadn't put this post. Cheers pal! :oops: :D
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

The Schelde Highway. Currently moored at the VW side of Emden leaves today for Grimsby
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

brainbow wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 am The Schelde Highway. Currently moored at the VW side of Emden leaves today for Grimsby
Expert tracking 😂 Never even knew this ship was heading to Grimsby. I actually hope all of our cars are boarded on this ship!

Also how on earth do you know which side the VW side is if you don’t mind me asking? Like which side is VW and what do the other sides consist of? Also, how did you know the ship was on that side?

I’m like a kid at Christmas :lol:
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:
brainbow wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 am The Schelde Highway. Currently moored at the VW side of Emden leaves today for Grimsby
Expert tracking [emoji23] Never even knew this ship was heading to Grimsby. I actually hope all of our cars are boarded on this ship!

Also how on earth do you know which side the VW side is if you don’t mind me asking? Like which side is VW and what do the other sides consist of? Also, how did you know the ship was on that side?

I’m like a kid at Christmas :lol:

Blue side is VW and red side is Audi

brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Great picture 😂

If you look across various vessel tracking websites you can find where they are moored, been and eventually where they are going before departure.
Takes a bit of flicking around but I’m sad and enjoy it.

The Schelde Highway is moored in the same spot the City of Rotterdam was before.