Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by Philip GTI »

Does anyone know if the facelift will have DCC
The configurator said yes but I think I read elsewhere it did not…
Also I ordered mine with Beats when configurator said it was available. Now it is not an option.. does anyone know if it will be on those cars that ordered it when it was available?
Thanks
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Philip GTI wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 pm Does anyone know if the facelift will have DCC
Also I ordered mine with Beats when configurator said it was available. Now it is not an option.. does anyone know if it will be on those cars that ordered it when it was available?
Thanks
As I understand it, the Polo “Sports Select Suspension” isn’t a true DCC system. Certainly not like Golf or other high spec VWs.

It’s a simple two setting switch and from everything I’ve read and heard most people tend not to use it as the “normal setting”
is better set-up for UK roads. Yes, on UK roads it’s standard fit incl on facelift.

As for Beats Sound option, i’m not sure as the dreaded semiconductor crisis is wrecking havoc with option lists across manufacturers. I’m sorry but I can’t really answer whether it will still make it onto the car, if they do have to delete it then you should definitely get appropriate reduction in price for it missing. Maybe someone else will be able to say with more certainty
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Philip GTI wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 pm Does anyone know if the facelift will have DCC
When the pre-facelift GTI+ was launched back in 2018, there was also confusion over whether the Sport Select suspension was a standard feature on the car (it was). I have my GTI+ set up in ‘individual’ mode with everything set to ‘normal’ apart from steering which is set to ‘sport’ and the fake engine noise which I have set to whatever the lowest volume setting is called. Back to the suspension setting - I agree with @AndyGTI; for me the ‘sport’ setting is too firm for me for everyday use.
Philip GTI wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 pm Also I ordered mine with Beats when configurator said it was available. Now it is not an option.. does anyone know if it will be on those cars that ordered it when it was available?
Thanks
Probably best speaking to your dealer. They may not know the answer but they should be in as good a position as anyone to know - or at least find out for you.
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Thanks for replies 👍
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Jakeyw »

AndyGTi wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:48 am
Jakeyw wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:25 am Been told May delivery date now. Do Volkswagen do any polo gti branded mats?
Ah so that would be about 6-7months for you. That’s good to know

There’s another company that do mats called Autostyle. I have a set of their mats in my current car. I’m certainly happy so far but mats are still very new. I got red stitching around the edge and the logo on them too.

I was planning on asking for new set for the Polo with red stitching and was going to get the GTI logo set across so they could hopefully add as well. They are ok adding logos which haven’t got trademark, so I think GTI is fine but VW would be an issue.
Thanks for the suggestion 👍
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Gr86 allocation sold out in 90 mins and those who ordered have been told August delivery dates. Meanwhile Polo Gti buyers still waiting 6-9 months -_-
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

There must have been a ship docked quite recently. As I see that there are now a number of dealers offering new Polo GTI's supposedly "in stock".

Though I can't help but wonder if Lookers are ever going to sell that late reg. pre facelift Polo GTI at £29,999? It looks to be hanging around like a bad smell. No wonder at that price I suppose :shock:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:31 pm Though I can't help but wonder if Lookers are ever going to sell that late reg. pre facelift Polo GTI at £29,999? It looks to be hanging around like a bad smell. No wonder at that price I suppose :shock:
It could be their (heavily optioned?) demonstrator or a car they bought in or took in part exchange when used car prices were at their peak. Alternatively, the dealer might just be trying to chance their luck to take advantage of market conditions. I saw one or two new or nearly new mk8 Golf R’s advertised for very close to £60k 😲 a few months ago and IMHO that’s absolutely crazy money for a Golf. At that time, I could probably have sold my GTI+ for more than I paid for it.

No harm in dealers trying to sell at those prices I suppose. They may be someone out there who - given the choice of a long wait for a factory build or immediate delivery subject to paying a price premium - are prepared to pay those inflated prices. I certainly wouldn’t.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

We have a build date at last. Our Leicester VW dealer has been extremely poor, not once have they called us, we've had to contact them all the time to check on updates.
Build date is May 9th.
airwolf
New
Drives: GTI

Post by airwolf »

Just got an update from my dealer. Hopefully will get mine in just over 4 weeks and I was also told it should arrive in Germany in the next few days, which I'm hoping might be for those extra checks.
worsy
New
Drives: The wife's 2022 Polo GTI.

Post by worsy »

Email from local dealer this morning:

We have a very rare opportunity to purchase a brand new Polo GTI and drive it away immediately.

As you will be aware, there is a national shortage of new cars, Inchcape Volkswagen Telford have managed to secure a limited number of brand new Polo GTI.

Do not miss out, call us on 01952 237900.
Bearmode
New
Drives: 2019 R-line

Post by Bearmode »

I placed an order at the end of March, just got an updated delivery date of mid-late July
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

worsy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:24 pm Email from local dealer this morning:

We have a very rare opportunity to purchase a brand new Polo GTI and drive it away immediately.

As you will be aware, there is a national shortage of new cars, Inchcape Volkswagen Telford have managed to secure a limited number of brand new Polo GTI.

Do not miss out, call us on 01952 237900.
ha ha I had the same email from my local dealer (same group). Was down there this afternoon but didn't see any facelift GTIs.

That email would be prelude to, take a PCP if you want £750 otherwise its full list price....no thanks I'm happy to wait for my discounted car to arrive.

Seems like there is movement as well, so cars might be coming 5/6months if we are lucky
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

I've looked and the GTi's look to be fairly light on options. I'll wait for ours...........
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I'll wait for mine.
Bit of delayed gratification not a bad thing in this age of having everything yesterday.