Significant side-to-side movement of handbrake on 2016 Polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Significant side-to-side movement of handbrake on 2016 Polo

Post by ciclo »

Someone (Muha) is requesting to download the PDF documents, but he has not left an 'identifying' reference in the request. Please request the download again, but this time leave an identifying reference. Thank you.
R826583
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Polo 66TSI Trendline

Post by R826583 »

This is the reply I got from erWin support:
Dear erWin customer,

The "Model-specific information" is completely blocked for users in Australia, as it cannot be distinguished whether the customer will call up data on an electric vehicle or not.
The ELSA information (DSS, repair and maintenance) is still monitored by checking the VIN and is also blocked in the case of an electric vehicle.

This means that if the customer wants repair information, the following page must be used for a request: https://vga-info.com.au/

Vehicle Individual Information - Restriction for Electric Vehicles: Under the Motor Vehicle Service & Repair Sharing Scheme, Volkswagen Group Australia will manage and grant access to applicants who wish to gain access to the following information from 1 July 2022: Safety instructions (high voltage) Required safety information. Click on the following link to access the application website: https://vga-info.com.au/

I forwarded your request for a refund of your flat rates to the responsible department and I will get back to you, once I receive an answer.
I’m just glad that I have the manuals thanks to ciclo so I don’t have to deal with this now :lol:
R826583
Bronze Member

Post by R826583 »

I agree with ciclo!

Thank you RUM4MO for that information. It will be very useful when I change my spark plugs in the upcoming weeks. It’s good to hear about your experience.

Some more unrelated questions…

My door handles have some vertical movement when opening them. Is there any way I can reduce this vertical movement through tightening something? I’m assuming it’s similar to my handbrake that had a loose nut.
IMG_1357.jpeg
IMG_1357.jpeg (246.41 KiB) Viewed 340 times
This is more of a curiosity question, but what do these cutouts in the glove compartment do? I’ve googled it but I can’t find anything.
IMG_1358.jpeg
IMG_1358.jpeg (874.8 KiB) Viewed 340 times
And lastly, can I enable the needle sweep on my cluster instrument? I see that some can and some can’t. I don’t have VCDS or OBDeleven but rather I use ‘Car Scanner ELM OBD2’ (found here www.carscanner.info/coding-pq26) which supports long coding if that helps.
IMG_1355.jpeg
IMG_1355.jpeg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 340 times
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

R826583 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 am This is more of a curiosity question, but what do these cutouts in the glove compartment do? I’ve googled it but I can’t find anything.
IMG_0346.jpeg
IMG_0346.jpeg (110.98 KiB) Viewed 315 times
The top part you’ve circled in your picture is to hold a pen (the recess between the two clips is to make it easier to remove the pen from the clips). The four recessed areas in the bottom part of your picture are coin holders; they’re just the right size for UK one pound coins! 🙂.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

The cut outs in the glove box lid are for
1 - A pen or pencil holder, the 2 'C' clips
2 - Coin holders
3 - I believe the square cut out is for some kind of road toll payment card also

ah im not fast enough lol
R826583
Bronze Member

Post by R826583 »

Haha thanks for letting me know! The little attention to details that VW puts in is nice. Even when operating the interval window wipers when you increase the wiping rate it immediately wipes the windows and starts the timer until the next wipe from that point, whereas if you decrease the wiping rate it doesn’t immediately wipe the windows because it’s obviously wiping it too much already. Little details like that are appreciable to notice.