Heavy Condensation / Water in LED headlight

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
spotter_sam
New
Drives: 2017 MK5 Facelift Polo R-Line

Heavy Condensation / Water in LED headlight

Post by spotter_sam »

Hi there,

I have a Polo 6C SEL with the factory LED headlights, one of them is full of water droplets with a lot of water sitting in the bottom. This happened last winter and I removed it and took out the bungs and put a hairdryer into it to dry it out, this worked and over the summer it was fine, however now with the colder weather again it has started to fill with water again.

Is there anyway to fix this, if not if I bought a new headlight and fitted it will it need coding in. I have OBD11 and am mechanically minded but am unsure if these LED units require coding.

Many thanks,
Sam
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2250.JPG (6.11 MiB) Viewed 423 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Heavy Condensation / Water in LED headlight

Post by iichel »

another headlight is plug and play, just needs mechanical aiming for the right declination angle.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Heavy Condensation / Water in LED headlight

Post by ciclo »

Whether related or not, and whenever possible, I recommend parking with your headlights away from traffic, and if you are lucky enough to have a protective wall in front even better or perfect.
It is always better/cheaper to change/repair the taillight/rear bumper than the headlight/front bumper, especially with LED/Bi-Xenon headlights.

There are still human beings who do not understand why the parking sensors beep continuously... and they have to put their truck in a motorcycle space.🤭