Trunk light refuses to work

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Cruzor
New
Drives: VENTO 1.5TDI

Trunk light refuses to work

Post by Cruzor »

Hi, I own a vento and suddenly my trunk open light is not working. The bulb is okay but it is not lighting up. I have used different bulbs also. The socket wire is good, I can see voltage at it. But when bulb is connected, trunk open warning light is not showing. When bulb is disconnected, trunk open light is showing in dashboard.

I checked online and see that the switch in latch is bad, but if that was the case the indicator would not show. I checked current flow diagram but I don’t understand how is the bulb circuit connected is so unfortunately I’m stuck. If anybody else has faced this issue please do let me know. Thanks in advance.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Trunk light refuses to work

Post by amer6R »

i think it is due to broken latch micro switch.
Vw seems to have issues with micro switches, i wish they made it easily serviceable, but they like their euros

You also have a diode where you put the bulb, bud i doubt it failed. You can check it
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

So at the trunk light you have 12v at the connector ? The micro switch sends the negative/ earth side to switch the light on.
With the bulb out there is no load on the circuit this maybe why the dash light works , please check the wiring in the trunk lid hinge area first , you may have a broken wire or a damaged wire .
Cruzor
New
Drives: VENTO 1.5TDI

Post by Cruzor »

amer6R wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:10 pm i think it is due to broken latch micro switch.
Vw seems to have issues with micro switches, i wish they made it easily serviceable, but they like their euros

You also have a diode where you put the bulb, bud i doubt it failed. You can check it
I too thought the same, even replaced the diode it didn’t work.
CarbonChaos wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:27 pm So at the trunk light you have 12v at the connector ? The micro switch sends the negative/ earth side to switch the light on.
With the bulb out there is no load on the circuit this maybe why the dash light works , please check the wiring in the trunk lid hinge area first , you may have a broken wire or a damaged wire .
Yes there’s 12v at the connector. Thanks for the info, I’ll check the wires. I should have continuity from the negative side to ground when the trunk is open, right?