Just bought a 04 1.9 tdi sport

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

Yeah but if it is an 04, this came out before the GT, so therefore should have all the Sport goodies we all know and love.

My Vin sticker used to say TREND on it, must be what they call the sport at the factory.

You should have:
  • Alarm/Remote/C/L
    Under Seat drawers
    6cd indash changer
    Climatic
    Map reading lights
    No rear arm rest
    Split Rear Seats
    Full size Barcelona Spare
    Gamma with 8 Speakers
    Trip Computer
Bumpstrips are an £80 option on all models (even the GT!)

If you haven't got any of these, complain to the dealer and show them the brochure. If you bought it 2nd hand (I presume) tell them that seeing as I was buying the Sport model (having researched the brochure) that remote central locking was standard and my mate has an 03 reg with this as standard so code me some keys!

My mate has just picked his GT up today and there is no split seat or carpet on the back of the seat but he has got map pockets on the front seats and a 3rd rear headrest and full size seat belts.

Nice car especially seeing as i've sold him my upgraded rear speakers, headlight covers, boot liner, carpet mats and the cubby box I had in mine.

His car had only done 33 miles and I was ripping the back panels out to put the speakers in! He did look a little concerned at the time but his happy now he has some bass in the back!
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Thanks jrw,

Another thing, where the interior light is near the rear view mirror should I have a vent toward the rear - I found this picture on the internet:

http://galleries.wheels24.co.za/cars/vw ... ges/32.jpg

The panel towards the rear has a vent, mine does not, is it this vent that contains the alarm sensors, if so does this suggest I have no alarm?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I am getting what I paid for!

Cheers.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

My 2002 Sport tdi had this vent along with the remote key fob, so it definately looks like you have no alarm sensors. which is a shame.

Why don't you phone up two seperate dealers and ask them for confirmation on spec, failing that confirm it with VW UK. It just seems strange that the SE model seems to have the remote CL + alarm and the Sport which is the next model up does not.

VW penny pinching yet again :cry:

Hope you get to the bottom of this.

Des

Perhaps a uk-polo spec list should be created for users buying a new Polo?, we could list which year, model and specification new buyers should expect and save on the dissapointment.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Well here is the car I have bought:

http://www.volkswagen.net.r66.co.uk/car ... =Stocklist

It clearly states it has an alarm fitted, so if it turns out it doesn't I am going to get them to fit one.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Here are the details from the label in the service book:

Vehivle ID number
WVWZZZ9NZ5Y******
9N1 224

Vehicle type, engine power, gearbox type
Polo A04 TDI TREND
74 5G

Engine code, gearbox code, paint number, interior equipment
ATD GGU
LA7W BE

Optional extras, PR numbers
X2B 1AN QG1 --- ---
CK8 H2J 4KC 4GC 3NC
1MR Q4H JON --- 8M1
8BF VOL 8RM 8TD 8WD
8AD 7R3 ---

Does anybody know what the various codes are, particularly the optional extras ones?

Cheers.
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

The PR codes are what parts and options are fitted to the car, Remote locking isn't one of them :? However, doesn't mean it doesn't have it (though the lack of alarm sensors pretty much confirms it) as it doesn't list an option for Central locking either :?
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

this dealer is actually about 5 miles away from me.

the registration number SJ means that it was registered in Glasgow so this Arnold Clark branch should know this cars history back to front.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

carmadaaron wrote:this dealer is actually about 5 miles away from me.

the registration number SJ means that it was registered in Glasgow so this Arnold Clark branch should know this cars history back to front.
Would that be this Arnold Clarke

http://www.arnoldsucks.com

It makes very interesting reading he has a hell of a fan base for a dealer :shock:
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

LOL they seem as bad as the Inchcape VW dealer franchise in Telford, Shrewsbury, Oswestry and Bridgnorth.

STAY WELL CLEAR! :evil:
dxg

Post by dxg »

You might find it simplier to hand the car back under the 30 day agreement and ask for another replacement, as described. Unless you're particularly keen on this particular car.

BTW, I bought a car from Arnold Clark once (Sighthill, Edinburgh) -- I don't know if they're still doing their free insurance thing. If they are, and it's not too late - DON'T TAKE IT! It's their own little insurance company which doesn't bother with no claims bonus. Of course, you only find this out when the year's up and they refuse to provide a letter stating the no claims bonus that you thought had been carried over from your previous insurer (3 years, in my case) to your new insurer. Trust me, when you're 21, and you're back to having no no claims, it kinda hurts in the wallet...

The car itself was fine, though.

Deek.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

jrw wrote:LOL they seem as bad as the Inchcape VW dealer franchise in Telford, Shrewsbury, Oswestry and Bridgnorth.
Got my GTi from Inchcape Shrewsbury, parents got their Bora from there too. Sister's bloke got his Golf 5 from the Telford branch. All very happy with our level of service!

I haven't had any problems with them, they even sorted out the pedal box recall without even batting an eyelid, just booked it in and got on with it. Suits me!
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

i bought my car from Jordanhill , Glasgow (arnold clark)

:oops:

sales is ok.... aftersales does really p me off :x

speek to the Clark's son there, or as suggested before, hand the car back.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

I don't really want to hand the car back because it is immaculate, and has loads of optional extras, which I've not seen on any of the other Polo's currently for sale, things like full Climatronic and electric rear windows etc.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

Basically.I want to know where I stand, as the advert for the car clearly stated it has an alarm fitted and therefore should also have the remote central locking.

As the advert says I should have it, am I entitled to have it fitted?
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

you should compare the spec list (for the right time/date) with your car and you should see what you are missing. then i would tell the dealer.

eg. front fogs are a first giveaway its a sport model