Amarok Oem Bixenon retrofit

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Patrik
New
Drives: Amarok

Re: Amarok Oem Bixenon retrofit

Post by Patrik »

Autoscan posted!

Waiting to be approved before publishing 8)
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Approved.

I think this Bixenon headlights installation is quite simple in your case.
-Install the Bi-xenon headlights.
-Install the wires correctly for FRONT Parking lights (x2), and for DRLs (x2)
-And codify your BCM Max.
It may be necessary to parameterize your BCM 090B at a VW dealer. I think I remember that the 090D were the right ones for 8IH (Bixenon Headlights).

I will take a look at your original electrical installation (eRwin) in more detail...
Patrik
New

Post by Patrik »

Nice Ciclo!

Some questions:

1. When you are talking about the wires i suppose you mean the ones added from headlight connectors to the BCM unit?
2. Is it the same configuration that you explained earlier in this thread? (STEP 2)
3. Do i need the extra wires between the instrument cluster and the BCM for CAN lines?
4. Is there somewhere i can buy the cables needed between headlight connectors and BCM? (like a kit)
5. What do you mean by "parameterize your BCM 090B at a VW dealer" ?

Thank you :wink:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

This is the only thing you have to do (two new cables and insolate the original ones) once I have checked your electrical installation in eRwin.

Front parking/side lights

Left
Isolate original wire T10/10 headlight connector.
Install new 0.5mm2 wire from T10/10 headlight connector to T73b/5 BCM white connector.

Right
Isolate original wire T10/10 headlight connector.
Install new 0.5mm2 wire from T10/10 headlight connector to T73b/6 BCM white connetor.

---
For DRLs I need you to tell me where they are currently located, ... in headlights or foglights?

If they are in the headlights you don't have to do anything for the DRLs. The current installation would be correct for DRLs.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Patrik wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 pm Nice Ciclo!

Some questions:

1. When you are talking about the wires i suppose you mean the ones added from headlight connectors to the BCM unit? Yes
2. Is it the same configuration that you explained earlier in this thread? (STEP 2) NO
3. Do i need the extra wires between the instrument cluster and the BCM for CAN lines? No
4. Is there somewhere i can buy the cables needed between headlight connectors and BCM? (like a kit) I do not know.
5. What do you mean by "parameterize your BCM 090B at a VW dealer" ?
For example:
To parameterize is to correct the already established values in the software.
To code is making them work or not.

There is a huge variety of BCMs Max for PQ25 that have different parameters depending on the factory equipments. (Bixenon, Halogen, etc)

Thank you :wink:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Forget my question about DRLs. You don't have to touch the cables for the DRLs. Only for parking lights.

This will be the BCM coding for your Bixenon headlights:
620002380C210000013806316CCB86D50F81654E60843041300000020003
Patrik
New

Post by Patrik »

You are the man Ciclo.

Seems pretty much plug and play except for the extra cables for parking lights and additional coding.

More questions:

1. If I use your longcode do i still have to take the car to VW dealer for parameterizing?

2. When i order my led modules, is it still a must to use this one: 4G0907697F ?

3. And for the xenon ballast does it matter if it's F or G ?

4. For the headlight itself the correct versions would be 2H1941017/18 correct? I have found bi xenon headlights for the amarok second hand but the seller marked them as 2H1941015/16AF.. As far i know this is the halogen ones, he must be wrong with the numbers?

5. What does the extension AF really mean? Is it equipped with AFS maybe.. In that case could my amarok handle that?

Sorry for all the questions.
🤔
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Patrik wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am You are the man Ciclo.

Seems pretty much plug and play except for the extra cables for parking lights and additional coding.

More questions:

1. If I use your longcode do i still have to take the car to VW dealer for parameterizing?
Maybe, it depends on the results once you install all the components.
2. When i order my led modules, is it still a must to use this one: 4G0907697F ?
Yes, it must be that.
3. And for the xenon ballast does it matter if it's F or G ?
It must be F.
4. For the headlight itself the correct versions would be 2H1941017/18 correct? YES I have found bi xenon headlights for the amarok second hand but the seller marked them as 2H1941015/16AF.. As far i know this is the halogen ones YES , he must be wrong with the numbers? YES
IMHO, do not buy parts that are not perfectly defined in the sales announcement.
5. What does the extension AF really mean? Is it equipped with AFS maybe.. NO, it is not related. In that case could my amarok handle that?

Sorry for all the questions.
🤔
Patrik
New

Post by Patrik »

Allright!

A big thank you so far Ciclo 8)

I'm starting to collect all the parts i need for the retrofit and after the install is completed (hopefully) i will post the result here.

If somebody reads this thread and have a pair of bi xenons laying around for the amarok i might be intrested, feel free to contact me!
Patrik
New

Post by Patrik »

Allright everyone!

Upgrading sequence initiated 10,9,8 and so on... :wink:

I never in my life thought i would be "forced" to upgrade my car with the new headlights, but when you have a faulty bulb in the headlight and have the annual car inspection coming up this month you need everything to work. Only problem is that someone at VW took too many pills or drank way too much when drawing the Amarok, because it's more or less needed to dismantle the whole front of the car to get the housing out in order to change bulbs.. i didn't even try to force my fingers down there cause if i would get something up it wouldn't come down again, a "bit" narrow.

Well after the chock (2 hours and ready to put the car on fire) and reading the internet confirming i was right, i stripped the car and realized that i will never in hell put it all back together with the standard halogen housings.. so yes i'm forced to retrofit! :twisted:

If anyone have seen or know someone in posses of 2 xenon/led housings please direct them to me, or if you have a tip where i can find them for an affordable price except for ebay and amazon cause i'm vacuum cleaning there right now :roll:

I'll be back!!
Patrik
New

Post by Patrik »

:UPDATE:

I will start by giving a BIG thanks to all that have tried to help, especially Ciclo that have been extremely helpful!

But this story ended almost before it started, Osram have recently released aftermarket headlights for the amarok with BI LED, floating turn signal and so on and NO modification is needed.

The only rule for plug & play is that the car must be halogen factory fitted, and they fits ALL amarok with halogen!!

Best of all is that they are cheaper than the bi xenon version and you get rid of the hassle with modification.

So i guess the thread for retrofitting bi xenons ends here... again thank you.

A youtube link about the headlights! -------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKASfTqW-w
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

😎 beautiful LED headlights!

I'm in a similar process for our Golf.
All lights LEDs, interior & exterior.
Dkakavas
New
Drives: vw amarok

Post by Dkakavas »

😎 beautiful LED headlights!

I'm in a similar process for our Golf.
All lights LEDs, interior & exterior.
Hey folks !I have read all the topics about swaping the xenon head lights on my vw amarok 2012 model .Yesterday i bought
2H1 941 016 AK, 2H1 941 015 AH lights and i wanted a bit of help from ciclo ,that is some what a genious on electrics about choosing the right bcm cause i dont want to make a mistake. So can you give me yours lights :D :D thanks in advance! the car was bought from Germany and the vin number is WV1ZZZ2HZCA009596
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

7E0937090D
Apart from transferring the BCM/GW codings and adaptations, GW installation list, 0 production mode, Remote Control Matching :arrow: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... eplacement,
it may be necessary to edit some values/parameters (2) with VCP (with VCDS it is not possible).

What is the original BCM? ...087x or ...088x? (IMP)
Dkakavas
New
Drives: vw amarok

Post by Dkakavas »

Sorry for my delay .I thought you are not interested for my case .Thanks for your answer.I will give you some more specs:
Bcm is 6R7937087 H.
The fuse box 72 positions
The light switch 6Q0941531Q 17 PIN

I bought a new BCM 7E0937090B 0CY . it suport DRL ,parking sensors ,cruise control .It is for automatic gear box, mine is manual .I thinks its not an issue .(it will come in one week)
i bought also 6R0941531G APV switch .
now my only questions are :
1 will it work if i do all the steps you have writen above or i need something different ?