all gauges wired and running

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
logistix
Silver Member

all gauges wired and running

Post by logistix »

hey all,
i had fitted my triple gauge panel from 42draftdesigns.com a few weeks ago. I could only wire the lighting and 12v switched power to them because I didn't have enough time. Well, I finally had the free time this weekend to fit the oil pressure sender under the oil filter housing, drill and tap the plastic intercooler pipe, and route the boost hose and pressure wire into the cabin through the empty grommet on the upper right corner of the engine bay. All looks good and everything functions properly, except I snapped the ground wire of the voltmeter while fitting the gauge panel and the boost hose developed a small leak so the boost gauge doesn't read turbo pressure. instead i get a much more interesting "pssssst" sound indicating turbo pressure, which is much more fun :) These two problems will hopefully be solved this week. I know this thread is worthless without pics and I will post pics hopefully tomorrow, and maybe a video when i fix the boost gauge.

take care all

Yetkin
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

here are some new pics for you.

the empty grommet that I routed the boost hose and oil pressure signal wire through:

the tapped intercooler pipe:

the oil pressure sender located in the oil filter housing:

and the gauges in their new position. I think they look good with the 3 temperature dials under them:

DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

good work man!! get some pics of them working at night!! coz u got them all lit didn't ya??
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

I removed the gauge panel once again to make my life easier in the future:

I connected all the wires into a computer Molex connector for ease of connection and removal. Otherwise, when I want to remove the panel I would have to disconnect 11 terminals which are quite stubborn. I also found some white leds I had lying around, I will try them at night to see their light output because the blue leds that came with the kit aren't the brightest.
One problem I am having with the gauge kit is that the boost gauge is buzzing at idle, although I connected the no-buzz fitting. I will try to eliminate it by stuffing some cotton in the hose.
I am hoping to fit the female Molex connector to the wires in the car in the following days. I will then report back with the result of the buzzing issue and will post pics with white leds.
Till then, cheers 8)
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Looking great so far 8)
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

dino wrote:Looking great so far 8)
thanks mate, I just want to get done with it now, it's taking more time than I expected :(
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

well it's finally completely fitted (hopefully for the last time :) ). I changed the lighting to white leds because the light output is much much better than the blue ones. Please let me know what you think :)

vwclub.gr
Bronze Member

Post by vwclub.gr »

D@mn! This looks GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

That does indeed look fantastic!!!! 8)
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

Looks Really Good, they should have these as an optional extra :D
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

looks great
nice job
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

good work, they do look good!!!
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

thank you for the nice comments :D i will record some videos when i have the chance.

cheers