9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £38.50 posted

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £38.50 posted

Post by K.I.T.T. »

I can build plug and play wiring adapters which will enable you to fit 9n3 rear clusters to your 9n Polo (or vice versa if you desire).

Previously, the only other option was hacking up the OEM loom, which is a b***h of a job to do right if anyone's tried before. According to sep_rider, Venom also sell some plug and play ones, but these cost £139 with a 3 week wait for them to come in from Germany, which seems a bit steep, considering you can get a pair of clusters for a fraction of the price on eBay.

The adapters plug into the OEM loom at one end and into the clusters at the other end and you're ready to go. You can remove your stock clusters, fit the 9n3 ones, wire them up and have them running in under 5 minutes.

These are made from genuine VW parts, which aren't cheap at all. Then there's wire (the quality of the wire I use is better than that used in the OEM loom) and solder. The adapters are built to a high standard, with the terminals being soldered in addition to being crimped, to ensure a secure connection. All in all, one set of adapters take over 30 minutes to construct from scratch. Postage is via RM 1st class recorded to cover both you and myself.

A few pics:

Bunch of random parts:

Crimped and soldered:

Set of wires for one side:

One side nearly done:

Both sides done:

Plug and play:

OEM vs wire I used (pic isn't great, but the wire used is thicker than that used in the OEM loom):

My best attempt at getting an "in action" shot:

These will be built to order. It takes me ~2 - 3 days to get the parts from VW once ordered, then they have to be built and finally posted. To cover myself, I'll say it'll take up to a week for you to get these after ordering. Depending on demand, I may start buying a job lot of parts which will reduce waiting time.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks,
Ash :)
Last edited by K.I.T.T. on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Re: 9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £35 posted

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Up :mrgreen:
itsjosh
New

Post by itsjosh »

once im used to my car and looking to mod it further i will order some 9n3 to 9n ones :)
Karson3270
Silver Member

Post by Karson3270 »

Handy piece of equipment for 9N drivers as the 9N3 rear lights look better :D

Free bump!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Thought I'd give this a bump seeing as la dissertation has been handed in and I've now got time to make them again.

Parts from VW have gone up in price a bit, but my price of £35 posted stands for the time being. May have to increase it slightly if part prices go up again.

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

good old VW putting all genuine parts up by 1.5%
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Got a set of these adapters made up by Ash, they're exactly as described and made to a very high standard with all the official OEM VW parts! Cheers mate!

Will put some pics up soon with the new clusters hopefully installing tomorrow!

Jamie :)
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Re: 9n to 9n3 rear cluster wiring adapters - £37.50 posted

Post by K.I.T.T. »

I've been taking a slight hit on these since November when the price of parts were put up by VW. Unfortunately, the recent VAT increase has put the cost of parts up even more. Parts and postage now costs me over £27, and that's before I've spent about 40 minutes soldering connectors up. This means I've had to increase the price from £35 to £37.50 posted. It's just not worthwhile me making these anymore unless I increase my price as well :(

On a more positive note, I'm upgrading postage to 1st class recorded from 1st class standard. This is to give both myself and you peace of mind - I've had a couple of incidents over the Holiday season when it took over a week to get them delivered due to RM cock-ups (Ask Jamie, when he reads this :lol: ).

JamieG172
Bronze Member

Post by JamieG172 »

Haha, ah yes the delights of RoyalMail/FAIL. 1st Class recorded will be nice to be able to track where they've got to, (eg. "currently stuck in a 6ft Snowdrift just outside Manchester...!) ha.

Would happily pay £37.50 if ordering now, quality kit, cheers Ash! :D
Last edited by JamieG172 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chirag1988
New

Post by chirag1988 »

Ordered these from Ash, got them the next day. The parts look quality and secure. Just waiting to order the 9n3 lights now and then plug them in! Thanks Ash for sortin these out mate, £37.50 saves you a hell of a lot of time and effort! :)
Mike_Plymouth
New

Post by Mike_Plymouth »

hey buddy, I dont suppose you could tell me what the part number is for the female connector you have used there? I can make most of it out in the photo but a couple of numbers are a little blurry. If you could help it would be very appreciated.

Cheers
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Summer bump.

Made an order for some terminals back in Jan but VW's UK stock had been depleted. All parts are back in stock now and ready to order!

kristafari
Silver Member

Post by kristafari »

dude these are essential, i have jus discovered that without them your car turns into a clown car. i would like to order a set
a.s.a.p
thankyouplease
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

I think I've got all the bits in stock to make a set, but will double check. Will PM you later either way.

Joefield
Bronze Member

Post by Joefield »

sounds good im sure i can make them myself but if it saves some time, any way do you know where i can get a cheap set of 9n3 lights?