Best BOV/Dump Valve for 9n3?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
jak-rabbit
New

Post by jak-rabbit »

Hey guys,

Anyone have any recommendations for a BOV for my 9n3? I have heard the 1.8t VAG engines aren't too happy with atmospheric and thus need to use recirculating? are there any recirculating valves that would give me a little "PPSSSSHHH" (sounds childish...i have just always wanted one)

cheers
Gtiandy
Getting There!

Re: Best BOV/Dump Valve for 9n3?

Post by Gtiandy »

Just a forge 007p or 008 re-circvalve and a cone filter should do the trick for that I believe, I sure someone else will pop up and give you a definitive answer.

Andy
jak-rabbit
New

Post by jak-rabbit »

sounds good to me! Thanks for the reply ;) It sounds childish i know but deep down we have all wanted to hear the dump noise ;)
jak-rabbit
New

Post by jak-rabbit »

Sounds good to me. I came across this video and want the same dump noise this one is running (same engine so i don't see why not) https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=YDKBesb-Wg0
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

^^ what he said

If you also remove the sound deadening from the bonnet it lets more sound through :mrgreen:
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

Same as above plus it is louder if you ake the rubber bonnet seal off too
J-Dan
Getting There!

Post by J-Dan »

I have got the Forge Splitter SPLIT-R Dump Valve fitted to mine. Gives a little psssh sound and recirculates some air so get best of both worlds. You also have the choice to make it fully recirculation and fully atmospheric. Costs about £140 ,but like you I love the psssh sound so was totally worth it.
candypolo12
New

Post by candypolo12 »

I have a baileys dump valve I don't know what make of baileys it is but it gives a good chatter on lower boost and then a loud pssshh when your giving it a little more:)
lukey GTI
Silver Member

Post by lukey GTI »

I use 007p and open cone filter plus take the heat sheild off the underside of the bonnet. You hear more noise lol well childish

Sent using tapatalk
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

J-Dan wrote:I have got the Forge Splitter SPLIT-R Dump Valve fitted to mine. Gives a little psssh sound and recirculates some air so get best of both worlds. You also have the choice to make it fully recirculation and fully atmospheric. Costs about £140 ,but like you I love the psssh sound so was totally worth it.
I've got one too and like he has said it's the best if both worlds and makes a good sound. It's easily adjustable and no need to change any springs when you mod your engine.
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

candypolo12 wrote:I have a baileys dump valve I don't know what make of baileys it is but it gives a good chatter on lower boost and then a loud pssshh when your giving it a little more:)
Should they be making a chattery noise but mines has started doing this but heard its not a good thing ?
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

It shouldn't make this noise I don't think. As far as I am aware chatter is the air flowing the wrong way and hitting the fins on the turbine of the turbo and this can damage the turbo :( I'd get it checked out if it making this noise.
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

Yeash this is what i thought
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

lukey GTI wrote:I use 007p and open cone filter plus take the heat sheild off the underside of the bonnet. You hear more noise lol well childish
Done exactly the same to mine and it makes the noise you are looking for quite nicely :mrgreen: