RPM increase when lifting the clutch in a 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

RPM increase when lifting the clutch in a 6R

Post by mirceaculita »

Hi there,

I noticed on my parents octavia that the rpm rise to 1k when lifting the clutch a little, even if the throttle is not used. I figured this is done to make it easier to get going. When I got into my 6R I saw it does not do that. I read somewhere that some polos do have this feature. Can it be enabled with vcds or something similar or is it just a newer feature that is not available on the 6R?

Thanks for the help.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: RPM increase when lifting the clutch in a 6R

Post by amer6R »

mine 6r has it
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

It's indeed a helpful feature, and by design. I'm not aware of VCDS being able to do it though. I've only seen it in the MQB TSI engines, but I've hardly driven any MQB TDI engines.
I've never seen it on 6R, Amer6R is the first I hear about it, so that's nice to know :)
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

im pretty sure it has anti stall. You release the clutch a bit the revs go up a little bit. And its pretty annoying in slow bumper to bumper traffic when you need to slow down as it's kicking in.
Maybe its not as aggressive as in newer models.
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Post by 2226 »

Anti-stall and fuel saving. Keeps the idle speed very low, just picks it up when ready to go. I kinda like it on my CJZD 6C as I can get up my driveway without giving gas.

But I do wonder if this is why my one bogs down so often when pulling away. I give some revs, release clutch, start moving and revs just drop to near stall and it bogs. Maybe I'll never get used to hydraulic clutch. A miss my cable clutch feel.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

For my 6R 1.2 TSI CBZC 5-MT (2013) w/o Start/Stop with 125hp ECU tuning 🏎, the rpms only drops from 800 to 625 approx (idle, 0.6l/100km) when the vehicle is completely stopped and in Neutral, that is, if you have the clutch depressed and the vehicle is moving due to inertia, the rpms will be 800 (approx). I like it.
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

ciclo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:31 pm For my 6R 1.2 TSI CBZC 5-MT (2013) w/o Start/Stop with 125hp ECU tuning 🏎, the rpms only drops from 800 to 625 approx (idle, 0.6l/100km) when the vehicle is completely stopped and in Neutral, that is, if you have the clutch depressed and the vehicle is moving due to inertia, the rpms will be 800 (approx). I like it.
Very similar in my tdi, (800 idle 0.2l) when you let of the clutch slightly to get moving rpm 900-950
I've been watching videos of newer cars, nah its not even close as aggressive. Those basically will raise rpms even more if needed to not bog down.
I think this more aggressive anti stall can be useful when you need that like crawl speed, like steep hill but you need low speed if you need control for precise manoeuvres not to ride the clutch. Because it doesn't have enough displacement to overcome the terrain.
I wish they made a 2.0 tdi, i think it would be ideal....
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Post by mirceaculita »

In my 1.2tdi the rpms hold at just under 1000 if the car is moving and in neutral/clutch pressed, but the second it stops it drops to 800. When stopped and releasing the clutch nothing happens. Sadreactsonly since it would pretty nice to have on this little engine.