Big Red - Wiper error *stuck on*

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Big Red - VCDS error codes *misfire*

Post by red6n2 »

So today I have changed my coil pack HT leads and will change my sparks in a hour when I borrow a deep enough socket. It's running better but still misfiring slightly it's idling ok but when you put your foot down there's a slight rock in the engine. If sparks don't solve it other than the timing belt I'm at a loss anyone hit any suggestions ?!.
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

Sparks changed coilpack changed ht leads changed... Drives like a fookin dream. :-) I'm happy once again
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Big Red - VCDS error codes *misfire*

Post by alexperkins »

Happy days :D
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

One of the spark plugs was black and coated so I know that fuel overload most likely due to my lambda sensor being out so it running rich to compensate so next month I will change that. But yeah went for a drive earlier and it's never driven so well.
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

red6n2 wrote:One of the spark plugs was black and coated so I know that fuel overload most likely due to my lambda sensor being out so it running rich to compensate so next month I will change that. But yeah went for a drive earlier and it's never driven so well.
Running rich will not only blacken and stuff your plugs, it will also wash your bores and over time accelerate ring bore and engine wear and thin your oil.
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

If I could afford to change it this month I would but its going to have to wait till november unfortunately the lambda sensors are just so expensive.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

If you can find out if the GTI uses the same sensors, I've got a pair here I got off eBay to replace mine, but the whole engine has since failed so I'm almost certainly going to swap the engine and put ITB's on mine when it's replaced, so have no need for the sensors. . .
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

Sweet il ring VW tomorrow and find out then if so il take off your hands. I think the gti has a much higher fuel usage so not sure of the comparability

Thanks dude.
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

So just picked up a new amp for my car it's just some cheap 800w 4 channel amp and its only to power my front speakers. And my current 4 channel amp will run twin 10" subs. And il just Velcro the amps to the back of the sub. Will probably fit it all this weekend.
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

Been a while had a crazy few months pretty much neglected the car but a few probs have cropped up like Brett sure the bracket in the exhaust has gone and my windscreen wipers as of today won't turn off and it's starting to duck me off big time anyone know what's up ?!.
Piers0930
Bronze Member

Re: Big Red - Wiper error *stuck on*

Post by Piers0930 »

nice polo mate, did you die the carpet?
red6n2

Big Red - Wiper error *stuck on*

Post by red6n2 »

Thanks, no I didn't mate its how it came, these polos came with two different interior carpet colours a light beige colour and this dark grey. :-). I'm in the midst of fixing it up again to its former glory, few weeks it will be back to where it was :-).